Square Miles of Rural Nevada Served

Rental Assistance in Nevada

Nevada Rural Housing Authority provides help with rent payments (in the form of subsidies), emergency rental assistance and security deposit assistance. We also work with other social service agencies to help our clients get the services they need.

Please select from the following programs for more information about each.

Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) Program

Security Deposit Program

Emergency Rental Assistance Program

Admin Plan

Review PHA Plan Documents here.


HUD Awards Emergency Housing Vouchers to Nevada Rural Housing Authority

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has awarded 47 Emergency Housing Vouchers to the Nevada Rural Housing Authority (NRHA) to assist unsheltered rural Nevadans with housing.

Referrals for the vouchers will come to NRHA directly from the Rural Nevada Continuum of Care (RNCoC). Individuals and families receiving emergency housing vouchers are required to participate in case management services and will receive assistance finding an available housing unit. Available vouchers will be issued first to qualifying individuals in the queue who are awaiting a referral for housing placement.

Individuals wishing to apply for these emergency vouchers should contact NRHA at (775) 887-1795. NRHA will refer inquiries and applicants to a local coordinated entry site.

The emergency housing vouchers are part of the American Rescue Plan Act and funding is guaranteed up to 2030. To be eligible for these specialized vouchers, HUD requires that an individual or family must be homeless, at risk of homelessness, fleeing or attempting to flee domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking or human trafficking, or for whom providing rental assistance will prevent the family’s homelessness or having high risk of housing instability.

News, Updates and Events

View More